JOB VACANCY – Data Cabling Engineer
Career Opportunities with Trusol Limited (Part of the IKAN Group)
Following a recent merger with Electracom Projects Limited, Trusol Limited have secured a
number of large structured cabling jobs in London.
As a result, we are looking to strengthen our site project and installation teams with the
Data Cabling Engineer
- At least 3 years consistent experience of working in the structured cabling installation environment.
- To be a good communicator and strong team member
- To be self motivated, a forward thinker and looking to further your abilities and career within Trusol and the IKAN Group.
- To be able to work on your own and within a team.
- Hold at least one of the following qualifications:
o Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI)
o BICSI Installer Level 2
o BICSI Technician
o City & Guilds Communications Cabling & Networks (3667)
- A clean criminal record – ideally holding a current DBS/CRB certificate (although this will be undertaken by Trusol for any successful applicants anyway)
- Experience of working in the construction industry, particularly on large project sites.
- Possess a CSCS or ECS skill card (not a green CSCS labourers card)
- Have a confident and competent approach to cable pulling (Cat 5e/6/6A and Fibre Optics)
- Be a competent copper cable terminator (Cat 5e/6/6A and CW1308)
- Posses a good knowledge and understanding of fibre optic and copper cable testing.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and rectify network cable issues.
- Be able to read site drawings and install to them.
- Be able to patch cabling systems in line with patching schedules.
- Be London based or willing to travel into Central London on a daily basis.
- A clean driving license.
- Hold IPAF and or PASMA certificates (These can be organised by Trusol if not)
- Hold Asbestos Awareness certificate (This can be organised by Trusol if not)
Desirable qualifications and training
- ECS or CSCS skill card
- CTS or similar audio visual qualifications
- Electrical or cabling installation qualifications are an advantage
- Permanent Employment Contract (45 hours per week)
- £24,000-£35,000 P.A depending on experience levels and skillsets
- All sensible and pre-agreed work related expenses paid
- 22 days paid holiday, increasing by 1 day for every year worked up to 25 days.
- Good career progression opportunities available
- Training opportunities available after the probationary period
- Enrolment onto Company Pension Scheme
- 6 Month probationary period
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and any associated correspondence to our HR Director, Jo Gammage on the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.